Planning ahead is the best way to avoid damage to your items while in storage. Make a list of packing materials needed such as boxes, bubble pack, tape, marking pens, rope, drop cloths, mattress and furniture covers, etc. Plan the use of your storage space carefully.
Pack and stack carefully. This will minimize the amount of space you’ll need and will prevent damage.
- Place frequently used items near the door and valuables in the rear of the unit.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes to make them easier to carry and place them on the bottom of stacks to prevent any damage to your belongings.
- Prepare your unit by placing plastic on the floor under your goods or use pallets, 2×4′s, plywood… anything that will keep your items off the floor of the storage unit.
- Leave space between your items and the unit walls.
- Plan to leave space that can be used later to access items you’ve stored (leave a walkway).
Once you have your list of packing materials, be sure to stop by our office and pick up everything you need. We offer moving materials, from boxes to mattress covers.